Dr. Kira Radinsky is passionate about predictive data mining, the construction of algorithms that leverage web knowledge and dynamics to predict future events. Radinsky's research at the Technion (advised by Prof. Shaul Markovitch) and Microsoft Research has produced predictive algorithms that enable early warning of globally impactful events (e.g. riots or diseases) by spotting clues in past and present news reports. Radinsky is the CTO and cofounder of SalesPredict, where she is pioneering predictive analytics solutions that increase the effectiveness of each and every sales conversation, transforming the way companies do business. Dr. Radinsky remains involved in research activities including: publishing her work, organizing workshops and tutorials, and speaking at the world's leading data mining conferences, WWW, SIGIR, AAAI and WSDM among others.
About My Research
My primary research focus is on how Web Dynamics and Knowledge can help us predict future events in our world. I investigate the changes the Web undergoes with time, from such salient changes as the addition and evolution of content, to more subtle temporal dynamics of user behavior, and how these can be used to predict future population behavior. I combine this dynamics along with other World Knowledge available on the Web to build systems that feed on numerous heterogeneous resources, such as Web activity, Real-Time media and Social media, to alert about upcoming future global events.
From the Public Media
- Some fun reading about my research in the public media: FastCompany, MIT Technology Review, BBC, NBC, Business Insider, The Wall Street Journal, Science News Daily, Mashable, Gigaom, Slashdot.
- About me and my research: Haaretz (English), Jerusalem Post (English),
- Chatting on Radio 90.7 FM (California) about Leveraging Computer Science to Save Lives
About me and my research (from the Israeli media in Hebrew):
* Television: Friday Studio (Ulpan Shishi ,Channel 2), London and Kirshenbaum (Channel 10 00:31:00), Orly and Guy (Channel 10 01:39:00), Evening news (Channel 1 25:00:00)
* Online News: Haaretz (English), Haaretz (Hebrew), Forbes Israel, Maariv, Hayadan, Israel Hayom, Calcalist, Walla News, Maariv;
* Printed Press: Haaretz, Yedioth Ahronoth, Maariv;